This book is very useful for engineering students to grasp the fundamental properties of structural member and the mechanics involved.
Chapter 1 covers the material stress- strain behavior including the plane stress and the concept of Mohr circles. Besides it also include the concept of strain energy and poisson ratio.
Chapter 2 covers on the geometrical properties of cross section of structural members.
Chapter 3 covers the fundamental concept of shear force and bending moment which governs the behavior of the civil engineering structures.
Chapter 4 detailed the application of bending and shear stress in beams.
Chapter 5 focused on the determination of beam deflection using double integration, Macaulay’s and moment area methods.
Chapter 6 is about the calculation of torsion behavior in statically determinate and statically indeterminate member.
Dr. Mohd Jamaludin Md. Noor is an associate professor at Faculty of Civil Engineering, UiTM Shah Alam. He was born in Perlis in 1962 and obtained his first degree in civil engineering from University College of Swansea in 1984, MSc Geotechnical Engineering from University Malaya in 1996 and PhD in unsaturated soil mechanics at Sheffield University in 2006. He is active in geotechnical research and among his contributions in geotechnical engineering are;
(1) Curved surface soil shear strength model which he claimed to be the most accurate soil shear strength model which is able to replicate the true non-linear soil shear strength behavior for saturated and partially saturated soils.
(2) A soil settlement theory by the concept of effective stress and shear strength interaction which is an extension from effective stress concept of Terzaghi (1936). The theory is able to make an excellent prediction of soil stress-strain behavior at any effective stress.
(3) Infiltration type slope stability method using the curved surface soil shear strength model. This equation can excellently model the shallow rainfall induced slope failure.
(4) Introduced the revamped mechanics for engineering calculation for slope stabilized using soil nail system.
(5) Developed a graphical method for membrane penetration correction which is important for triaxial test on granular material. The method has been adopted by Federal Highway Authorities of United State of America.
(6) Developed Hybrid Anchor soil nail as an innovative maintenance free active soil nail system.
Muhammad Sufian Jusoh is a Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Civil Engeneering, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Pahang. He has been teaching various structures subjects at diploma and degree levels since he joined UiTM in 1996. He obtained his BSc (Hons) (Civil Engineering) from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in 1990, and MSc (Structural Engineering) from Urnversiti Sains Malaysia in 2001. His major areas of interest are solid mechanics, structural mechanics and structural analysis.
Dr. Mohd Haziman Wan Ibrahim is a Associate Professor at the Department of Structure and Material Engineering, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Universiti Tun Hussein Malaysia (UTHM), Batu Pahat, Johor. He has been teaching various structure subjects at diploma and degree levels since he joined UTHM in 2002. He obtained his Diploma in Civil Engineering in 1998 and BEng (Hons) (Civil Engineering) in 2001 from Universiti Teknologi MARA. Furthermore, he also obtained Master of Civil Engineering from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia in 2004 and Doctor of Philosophy from Universiti Sa ins Malaysia in 2011. His major area of interest is concrete technology.
Unit 516, Block E, Pusat Dagangan Phileo Damansara 1
No. 9, Jalan 16/11, Off Jalan Damansara, 46350,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
- +603 - 7954 9196
- [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 MindAppz Sdn Bhd. All rights reserved.