This Teacher Guide Book or TGB helps the teacher to plan and carry out differentiated learning, catering for all levels of students within a learning environment that is constructive and motivating through the integration of STEM components, HOTS and 21st Century Learning skills as well as Values.
This book is about:
• Differentiated Learning because we believe all pupils are unique and learn in different ways. With our three-tiered activities, no one is left behind.
• STEM integration because we believe in igniting pupils’ interests in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
• HOTS because we believe pupils learn actively – our suggested activities are hands-on with higher order thinking skills embedded.
• 21st Century learning skills because we believe pupils should be prepared to handle the new millennium.
• Values integration
• Fun, Interesting and meaningful learning because we believe pupils learn best when they are actively participating, deeply involved, and closely engaged.
• Teachers being reflective practitioners because we believe teaching is not a chore but a profession that gets better with practice.
• Guiding Teachers and to be a Great Buddy for teachers because we believe this TGB can be your companion to help plan and deliver interesting lessons using resources available.
Dr. Cheah Ui Hock holds a doctorate in Mathematics Education. He was formerly Deputy Director at SEAMEO RECSAM and lecturer at the Institut Pendidikan Kampus Pulau Pinang. He was team writer for two modules published by the Bahagian Pendidikan Guru: MTDP (Malaysian Trainers Development Programme) Trainers’ Modules for Science and Mathematics and Modul Pengarajan Pembelajaran Matematik, Siri 1, 2 dan 3. His international publications include two publications by Springer International, Third International Handbook of Mathematics Education (Chapter co-author) and International Perspectives on the Teaching and Learning of Geometry in Secondary Schools (Chapter author and editor).
Dr. Kor Liew Kee received her PhD in Mathematics education. She contributes actively in several international publications e.g. the Encyclopaedia of the Science of Learning, ZDM Mathematics Education and the First Sourcebook on Asia Research in Mathematics Education.
Dr. Poon Cheng Yong is currently a lecturer at Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Batu Lintang, Kuching. She has been teaching mathematics and educational courses. Her expertise is in math remediation and educational psychology.