This Teacher Guide Book or TGB helps the teacher to plan and carry out differentiated learning, catering for all levels of students within a learning environment that is constructive and motivating through the integration of STEM components, HOTS and 21st Century Learning skills as well as Values.
This book is about:
• Differentiated Learning because we believe all pupils are unique and learn in different ways. With our three-tiered activities, no one is left behind.
• STEM integration because we believe in igniting pupils’ interests in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
• HOTS because we believe pupils learn actively – our suggested activities are hands-on with higher order thinking skills embedded.
• 21st Century learning skills because we believe pupils should be prepared to handle the new millennium.
• Values integration
• Fun, Interesting and meaningful learning because we believe pupils learn best when they are actively participating, deeply involved, and closely engaged.
• Teachers being reflective practitioners because we believe teaching is not a chore but a profession that gets better with practice.
• Guiding Teachers and to be a Great Buddy for teachers because we believe this TGB can be your companion to help plan and deliver interesting lessons using resources available.
Dr. Foo Kien Kheng is currently working with two educational services company. Preivously was working with Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) and Veritas University. He has been teaching mathematics and other related educational courses for over 40 years. He has received numerous awards for teaching and learning as well as for innovative educational products.
Dr. Wong Siew Lang received her PhD in Education Management. She contributes to the writing in ‘Modul Sokongan Penyelidikan Institut Pendidikan Guru’. She was teaching Mathematics and Science for 15 years in a secondary school after graduating from Maktab Perguruan Persekutuan Pulau Pinang.